Thursday, December 22, 2011

Out for a bit

Ok, it's been a few days since I put on my typing fingers and I know people are wondering how my dear wife is doing and what is happening at our house. Let's begin where I left off. Monday I took Caden to town to spend some time doing what fathers and sons always do, we went to see the doctors! I asked the cancer clinic about Lanitas nausea to see if it was the remainder of the chemo in her system and got informed that there was no longer chemo in her system so that it was a direct result of what was still happening with her stomach. Cancer growing? It makes you feel like you are walking around in an empty room with no doors after hearing news like this. I did get a doctors slip for a wheelchair and then went to home depot (always a great place to to make you feel a little more constructive!) and picked up a shelving unit for Caden's room. Lanita had a blood test that afternoon for genetic testing. Tuesday I went to town with my wife while Caden and Makaela went tubing at Harper Mountain Skihill thanks to A couple of our wonderful, adventerous friends. We picked up Lanitas wheelchair, a few scrappbooking calendars, some Sushi, and headed home. Mom & dad came back up from Calgary and it was great to have another mini reunion. It was another evening of being pampered (Lanita), foot rub, nausea meds, and off to bed. Brent (my brother) took Damon with him to Vancouver earlier in the day so didn't need to worry about the entertainment factor for one boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment