Monday, June 18, 2012

The Angels Came

I just wanted to let everyone know that Lanita passed away peacefully on Monday morning      @ 3:25am. I had the privilege at being beside my wife's side along with Lanita's mom & dad and my brother Brent. 


There are so many people to thank that I do not know where to start. Lanita's mother, Laural, stayed full time with Lanita at the hospice these last five months and gave, as only a mother can, all of her love and care. I can't thank her enough for all her unselfish time. Thanks to Allan as well of standing by and helping in any way he could with his daughter, wife, family, and grandkids.


A very, very, very, special thanks to all the caregivers and staff at the Marjorie Willoughby Snowden Memorial Hospice Home. They truly became a part of our family over these many months and deserve so much more recogniition than they ever recieve for the comfort and dignity that they provide, not only for the patient, but for the family as well.


 Funeral Arrangements


Open to everyone


When:    This Saturday, June 23, 2012 
Time:       1:30pm
Where:   Valleyview Arena, Kamloops BC
                 #353 Highland Road                           (Map Link)




In Lieu of flowers we would just ask that donations be made to the hospice
(Click Here for Address Link and Details)




Cards, Letters, or Emails can be sent to the following


4879 Uplands Dr
Kamloops BC V2C 6S9
Ph. 250-573-1735
Cell    250-682-0607
email:   eldonlarson@gmail.com
              alloyek2010@gmail.com
              arleighlarson@me.com




I will update the blog throughout the week as further details are worked out and as time will permit.  Thanks for the outpouring of love and support from everyone that has taken the time to write a note, drop by, or has contributed or shown their care in so many other ways. I am truly overwhelmed and very grateful.


                                                                                           Eldon 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Eldon,
    Our thoughts will be with you all.
    We are there in spirit.
    With much love,
    from Bev, Ian, Doug & Joyce HAZLEWOOD
    from North Q. Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eldon,
    I don't think you have Allan's & Laurel's email address correct.
    I tried to send one to that email address and it was returned
    (alloyek210@gmail.com)
    The email address that works for them is
    alloyek2010@telus.net
    from Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. We cannot express how deeply Lanita's experience influenced our life and helped us. You are in our thoughts and prayers and thank you so much for updating this blog, where we can see a beautiful picture of love and care for your precious wife.
    We've never met you in person, but we "know" you through Garth and Sherri and through this blog.
    With LOVE and deep simpathy,
    Gordon & Ivona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eldon, I am so sorry to hear of Lanita's passing. Tears run down my face as I type this. I never met her but through you and this blog feel I have come to know her. Thank you! It is bitter sweet to loose someone but to know that they are in a better place is comforting. My thoughts are with you and your family as you prepare for the days and weeks ahead.

    Amber Nustad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eldon and family, I just received the news of Lanita's passing. As a young boy I remember when you were first seeing Lanita all the way back to Hinton days. My family would go often to the Gospel meetings there and I remember many times staying after the meetings and having visits with Allan and Laurel's family. It seems like just moments ago we were all children and our parents were we are now. Time passes very quickly. I hope each one of us and you hold these moments in memory dear. It is comforting that she no longer has to live with this broken body and her peace is more than we can comprehend.

    Much love and and sympathy. The Lucas Sharman and Family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you as you adjust to your life without Lanita and the gap she has left behind. Time heals the intense pain and Memories of the place she had in your lives will keep her with you for always.
    Doug and Joan Hart

    ReplyDelete